Using a crockpot or a slow cooker is a great way to save time and effort in the kitchen. It is also really helpful for cooking in large batches which is great if you have a big family to feed.
Some people avoid crockpot cooking because they don’t know how to achieve the right flavors and textures. If you don’t know how to cook with a crockpot then all you need is the right cookbook.
These crockpot cookbooks have all been written by female chefs (see also: 7 Female Chef Turkish Cookbooks You Do Not Want To Miss)and will help you to create wonderful meals in your crockpot or slow cooker. Keep reading to find the best cookbook for you.
Female Chef Crockpot Cookbooks
Here are the top recommended crockpot cookbooks written by female chefs (see also: 7 Female Chef Israeli Cookbooks You Do Not Want To Miss).
OUR TOP PICK
If you are inexperienced with crockpot cooking, or with cooking in general, then this book will help you to become a pro.
Even if you have a lot of cooking experience, it is still a great book for giving you inspiration and offering new and exciting recipes to shake up your weekly menu.
There are over 1200 recipes in this book so you will be able to find something for everyone.
There are breakfast ideas, appetizers, soups, sides, meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, vegan dishes and more.
You can plan endless menus of crockpot dishes with this cookbook.
As well as the step by step instructions, this book also includes useful tips and tricks for slow cooker shopping and grocery lists so you know exactly what you will need to buy to make each recipe.
- Recipes - There is an excellent range of recipes to choose from
- Instructions - The instructions are step by step and easy to follow
- Advice - There is helpful advice and great tips
- Photographs - The book could do with more color photographs to accompany the recipes
If you don’t have much spare time to spend in the kitchen then this book is just what you need.
It has over 1400 recipes that are convenient and fast to make, so you can always enjoy a nourishing meal even on a busy weeknight.
The recipes are tried and tested by families and the book includes a color gallery with photographs of the meals.
It was written by Phyllis Pellman Good, a New York Times bestselling cookbook author.
- Recipes - There are over 1400 recipes to choose from
- Convenient - The recipes are designed to be quick and easy to make
- Images - There are photographs of the recipes to help you
- Portion size - Most of the recipes are designed for 3-4 Quart crock pots so if you have a larger one you might need to add more ingredients
If you have recently got a slow cooker or crock pot and you’re not sure what to do with it then this cookbook will be really useful.
It is ideal for beginners, with advice on how to get started using your slow cooker.
The recipes are simple and easy to follow, and the ingredients are affordable. This makes delicious food accessible to everyone, regardless of their skill level or budget.
- Simple - The recipes are simple and easy to follow
- Ingredients - The ingredients are budget-friendly
- Recipes - There is an excellent range of recipes for all meals
- Photographs - There are some black and white photographs of the meals but no color ones
This cookbook will teach you how to use your crock pot to make your life easier.
No more standing over the stove after a long day at work - the crock pot does all of the hard work for you.
All you need to do is basic chopping and mixing, and you can enjoy delicious home-prepared meals. This means that anyone can do it, even if they aren’t skilled in the kitchen.
- Advice - As well as recipes there are useful tip and tricks
- Simple - The step by step instructions are simple and easy to follow
- Recipes - There are over 1000 delicious recipes to try
- Photographs - There are no color photographs to go alongside the recipes
If you are looking for a collection of crock pot recipes that are satisfying and healthy, this book is perfect for you.
There are over 1000 recipes for nutritious dishes that are perfect for feeding a family, even if you are on a tight budget.
You don’t need any fancy cooking skills to make these dishes, and the book will guide you through using your slow cooker.
- Recipes - There are over 1000 recipes to choose from
- Simple - The recipes are simple and easy to follow
- Ingredients - The ingredients are affordable for people on a budget
- Flavor - Some people found they had to add more spices and seasonings to achieve the right flavor
This cookbook teaches you how to make fantastic recipes in your slow cooker with just 5 ingredients.
This means that the recipes are simple and cheap, as there aren’t lots of different ingredients to buy and prepare.
The meals are delicious and healthy and perfect for a busy weeknight when you have lots of mouths to feed.
- Recipes - There are 1500 recipes covering each meal
- Simple - The recipes are easy to follow and make
- Ingredients - Each recipe only uses 5 ingredients
- Photographs - There aren’t enough photographs to accompany the recipes
If you need a cookbook with recipes that cater for smaller households then this one is ideal.
The recipes are designed for two people - perfect for couples or someone who lives alone and enjoys eating leftovers.
The recipes are suitable for beginners and the book includes a time saving meal plan.
- Portion Size - The recipes are perfect for couples
- Recipes - The recipes are easy to follow
- Advice - There is helpful advice about cooking
- Photographs - The only photographs included are in black and white
How To Choose The Best Crockpot Cookbook
All of these cookbooks are excellent, but how do you know which one is going to be right for you?
Here are some things that you should consider when choosing your crockpot cookbook.
There is no point buying a cookbook if you won’t enjoy the meals that you make with it.
It is great to try new dishes and experiment with different flavors, but you should check that there are some recipes that you will definitely enjoy.
You should also make sure that there are plenty of recipes in the cookbook for you to choose from, as this means that the book will last you a long time.
The instructions are an important part of any cookbook. They should be straightforward and easy to follow, preferably in a step by step format.
It is helpful if the cookbook includes some photographs of the finished recipes so you know what you are aiming for, and even some instructional photographs or diagrams to help you along the way.
Some recipes are designed to feed 2 to 4 people and others are suitable for bigger groups of 4 to 8.
If you have a large family then you need to make sure that the recipes can feed plenty of mouths, or can easily be doubled up to make more portions.
Similarly, if you live alone or with one other person then you need to check that you can make smaller meals without lots of waste.
A useful thing to check when choosing a cookbook is whether the ingredients are readily available and easy to get hold of.
It is also very helpful if the ingredients are affordable, as this makes it easier to cook on a budget.
Any of these cookbooks would make an excellent choice if you want to learn how to make tasty meals with a crockpot.
They are written by female chefs and include an excellent range of recipes for you to try at home (see also "Female Chef Keto Cookbooks You Do Not Want To Miss").
Your family and friends will be impressed by the delicious flavors you will be able to whip up without having to spend hours standing over a stove.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about crockpot cooking.
What Is The Difference Between A Crockpot And A Slow Cooker?
A Crock Pot is a particular brand of slow cooker. You can make any crockpot recipe using a slow cooker and any slow cooker recipe using a crockpot.
Can You Cook Frozen Meat In A Crockpot?
It is best to fully thaw any frozen meat before using it in a crockpot recipe.
Slow cookers and crock pots cook food low and slow, so the temperature doesn’t get high enough to cook frozen meat. It would take so long that the texture of the meat would be ruined.
Can You Leave A Crock Pot Unattended?
The great thing about crockpots is that you can chuck the ingredients in and then get on with something else while the food is cooking.
Make sure the crock pot is out of reach of animals and children when leaving it unattended.