Starting a new diet requires a lot of effort and preparation, especially if you are doing so for your health beyond just weight loss.
There are so many different diets that you can follow depending on the specific goals that you have in mind.
One of the most popular diets for weight loss and reducing insulin sensitivity in people who have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
If you are undertaking a new diet with strict rules, getting a cookbook that can help you understand the types of foods you should be eating for the best results is a great way to help you stay on track.
In this article, we will look at some of the best keto cookbooks written by female chefs that you do not want to miss(see also: 7 Female Chef Keto Cookbooks You Do Not Want To Miss).
7 Best Keto Cookbooks By Female Chefs
There are plenty of keto cookbooks on the market, many of which are written by female chefs.
Below, we have compiled a list of the best keto cookbooks authored by female chefs (see also "Female Chef Grilling Cookbooks You Do Not Want To Miss").
There are many more books to choose from but all of these are great places to start if you are new to keto cooking.
OUR TOP PICK
Much more than just a simple book filled with recipes, Ashworth dives further into the benefits of the keto diet and how to ensure that you are getting proper nutrition when undertaking the diet.
What makes this book so incredible is that all the recipes that are included have been specifically chosen because they work well with female physiology.
There are 115 recipes in this book that are specifically designed to meet the nutritional needs of adult women.
There is also a 21-day meal plan included, complete with shopping lists to help you get started on your keto journey.
- Specifically designed for women
- Provides detailed insight into the benefits of the keto diet for female bodies
- Includes a 21-day meal plan
- Includes a shopping list to help you get started
- Some people find the book to be a good introduction but lacking in further information
For many people, the title alone is enough to make them purchase this book. If you are one of those people, you will not be disappointed.
No Fricken Weigh! By Tracee Gluhaich is the perfect book to help you get started with the keto diet, understand why it is such a useful diet, and begin making delicious and healthy keto-friendly meals.
There are plenty of delicious and nutritious recipes in this book that allow you to get all the nutrients that your body needs to thrive and become healthier without sacrificing flavor or the convenience of regular cooking.
One of the best things about this book, other than the amazing recipes that it offers, is the emphasis it places on the fact that keto isn’t a fad diet.
In fact, it frames keto as more of a lifestyle than a diet at all. This is great for anyone who has previously struggled with their relationship with food.
- Very informative about the keto diet and lifestyle
- Contains delicious and simple recipes that are easy to follow
- Uses easy-to-find ingredients
- Laid out as a 21-day plan
- Contains more general keto information than specific, detailed information
This is another keto book that is written by women for women.
No matter what stage of your life you are in, you will likely be familiar with the effect that improperly balanced hormones can have on your body and mind.
This is what The Hormone Fix by Anna Cabeca DO. OBGYN focuses on. More specifically, the book focuses on a keto meal plan that can be useful for women who are approaching menopause.
All of the recipes in this book adhere to the rules or limitations of the keto diet.
However, the ingredients used also help your body to naturally balance its hormones to make you feel much healthier overall.
There is a 10-day quick-start detox diet plan in the book to help reduce symptoms. Aside from the meal plans, there are over 60 delicious and easy recipes that cover all meals and snacks.
- Plenty of recipes to choose from to help you make the most of your keto diet
- Looks at how keto can specifically help women to balance their hormones
- Includes different types of diet plans to follow
- Supplements are recommended in the meal plans which may not be affordable
If you like the idea of framing keto as a lifestyle more than a diet, Clean Keto Lifestyle by Karissa Long is the perfect keto cookbook for you.
As with many of these keto diet books, the content delves beyond simply recipes and meal plans.
Long writes about keto-friendly exercise tips to protect your hormones and specific advice on how to maintain your keto diet when you are away from home.
There are over 75 delicious and nutritious keto recipes in this book that are specifically curated to cover all meals and snacks to help you stay on track as easily as possible.
One of the main goals Long had with her recipes was to make sure that you don’t feel like you are missing out on your favorite foods with the keto diet.
Therefore, there are many recipes that are keto-friendly versions of classic recipes.
- Over 75 keto-friendly recipes that are easy to make
- Keto-friendly versions of popular recipes to help you stay on track
- 5-week meal plans to help you get into a routine
- Many of the recipes rely on the same ingredients as alternatives to regular ingredients which can be repetitive
This is another wonderful keto cookbook that is purposefully written by women for women. Leanne Vogel is a best-selling author.
Keto for Women is the perfect resource guide for women who are just starting out with the keto diet or who are just considering adopting the lifestyle.
In the book, topics of hormone balancing, menopause, PCOS, pregnancy, and more are covered in detail.
The recipes in the book are designed to be a part of Vogel’s 12-week keto program. For best results, you can purchase the program to use the recipes with.
However, the recipes can be used without the program and will still see results.
The recipes are all keto-friendly and can be adopted into your own keto meal plan. With the 12-week plan, recipes can be customized to your individual needs if necessary.
- Interesting insight into all the different ways that the keto diet can help to improve your health
- Numerous keto-friendly recipes you can use in your own keto meal plan
- The recipes can also be used as part of Vogel’s 12-week program where recipes can be customized to your needs
- There are no pictures of the recipes which can be discouraging for some people
If you are an absolute beginner when it comes to the keto diet and its benefits for your body and health, you will need a cookbook that is filled with plenty of information about the diet and ingredients used.
The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners by Amy Ramos is the perfect introductory guide to keto with plenty of delicious recipes.
Not only is this cookbook filled with 75 delicious keto-friendly recipes that are sure to help you stay on track, but it also makes adopting the diet super easy.
The cookbook is described as the keto book for the lazy person.
This means that it has recipes, meal plans, shopping lists, and plenty of resources to help you understand the diet and make the most of it.
- A comprehensive introduction to the keto diet
- Contains 75 delicious and nutritious recipes that are easy to make
- There are also meal plans and shopping lists to make the diet as simple as possible
- If you already have an understanding of the keto diet this book may have too much information instead of recipes
There are plenty of keto cookbooks available on the market that will provide you with some keto-friendly recipes for your diet.
However, the books in this article are all written by women who understand how beneficial this diet can be for female bodies in particular. They provide great insights into the many benefits of this diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes A Good Keto Cookbook?
What constitutes a good keto cookbook will depend on your own understanding of the keto diet.
If you already have a strong understanding of how the keto diet works, how it can improve your health, and what you can eat on the diet, you will want a keto cookbook that focuses mostly on different recipes.
However, if you are new to the keto diet and are unsure of the benefits and how it will improve your health, you will want a cookbook that has information about the diet and its effects to help you better understand what will happen to your body during the diet.