Trail Celebrity Chef Anita Lo
Sponsored by: Chef & Restaurateur Anita Lo – Annisa, NYC
Sponsored by Chef & Restaurateur Anita Lo – Annisa, NYC
One Week Stage with Award-Winning Chef Anita Lo at Annisa
Fast track your professional growth, hone your culinary skills and enhance your culinary journey with a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from one of the most respected female Chefs in the country. One lucky recipient will work hard/play hard alongside award-winning Chef and Restaurateur Anita Lo and her team at her successful Greenwich Village restaurant, Annisa. For one week, the recipient will be a part of Anita’s inside team, learning her behind the scenes magic that will provide the opportunity to gain invaluable industry insight. This amazing opportunity is not just a career highlight but a professional game changer. A once in a lifetime opportunity before Annisa closes in May.
DEADLINE to apply: Friday February 24, 2017
- Discover how Anita keeps it fresh and stays ahead of the culinary curve
- Learn what inspires Anita’s unique Contemporary American Cuisine
- Understand the complexity of Anita’s flavor palette
- Discover Anita’s challenges and triumphs and how she made it to the top
- Learn Anita’s foh/boh operational tricks of the trade
- Understand Anita’s core business model and how it correlates with her technique driven menu
- Learn balance of culinary creativity vs financial reality
- Learn Anita’s unique company culture and how she builds and keeps her team
Location: Annisa – NYC
Includes: Airfare (up to $500) Hotel (up to $1,000). Private Dinner with WCR Chef Members at a top Metro NYC restaurant
Anita Lo, Chef and Owner of Annisa in New York City, is one of the most distinct culinary voices and celebrated female Chefs in the country, earning numerous accolades for her inventive contemporary American cuisine that reflects her multicultural upbringing and classic French training. In addition to being the Owner and Executive Chef of Annisa since 2000, Anita has appeared on multiple television networks including Bravo’s Top Chef Masters. She released her first cookbook titled ‘Cooking Without Borders’, received a prestigious three star review from Pete Wells at The New York Times, was asked to curate a special in-flight menu for Air China’s First and Business Class, and in fall 2015 was invited to the White House as the first female guest chef to cook at the State Dinner, honoring Chinese President Xi Jingping.
Annisa, a restaurant owned and operated by award-winning chef Anita Lo, offers first-class cuisine and service in an intimate, sophisticated setting. Located in New York City, in the heart of Greenwich Village, the restaurant features Chef Lo’s inventive contemporary American cuisine. By combining flavors inspired by her Asian roots, her travels, and the seasons with her classic French technique, Lo creates a persuasive and disarming menu. Annisa, which means “women” in Arabic, also features a wine list that celebrates women in wine, primarily offering selections produced by female vintners or vineyard owners.
- Active membership in WCR is required to apply for any scholarship.
- Complete Application HERE. Please include a one page essay on your interest in cooking and what you hope to gain from this scholarship
DATES: To be determined with host at a mutually agreeable time – one week between the dates of March 20, 2017 and April 16, 2017.