WCR Scholarship for a Culinary Business Workshop
Sponsored by Chef Deb Cantrell
Interested in taking your culinary business to the next level?
Chef Deb Cantrell’s Sharpen workshop is designed for culinary business owners to “sharpen” their business and give it the edge it needs for 2020. This is a unique opportunity to work one-on-one with Chef Deb, a #1 Amazon Bestselling Author, award-winning culinary business owner and serial entrepreneur, as well as connect with a community of seasoned chefs.
• One ticket to the two-day Sharpen workshop in Southlake, Texas from January 23-24, 2020 (a $695 value)
• $500 travel stipend
Over the course of two days, Chef Deb and the participants will work on the following business areas:
• Re-establish business foundations needed for growth
• Refine your business model and offerings
• Find practical ways to stand out against your competition so you become the “go-to” company in your area
• Fill in any “holes” that are keeping you from getting more clients and revenue
This is a unique opportunity to join 60 other food entrepreneurs from all over the country to work on your business and get ready for a successful 2020 and beyond!
Anne Andrus (Honey + Rye), 2018 Recipient, on her experience at Sharpen!
“Over the course of a full two day event, we covered a wide variety of topics…. Managing a growing team, the life cycle of your business, and marketing strategy were a few of the highlights for me. There was also a few speakers that were brought in, to help gain perspective on other topics, such as company culture, branding, and social media strategies. I found this very helpful to have a number of perspectives and viewpoints to share in the conversation.
All participants left the session with essentially a tool kit to take home and put to use. Making an action plan, with concrete “to dos” and how do accomplish them was not only helpful, but essential in gaining the full potential of this experience.”
• Have two full days to step outside of the kitchen and work ON your business rather than IN it.
• Get one-on-one guidance from Chef Deb and guest business mentors that you otherwise wouldn’t receive unless you were part of her coaching programs
• Lay the strong business foundation needed to position yourself for steady and predictable growth.
• Give yourself an edge against local competitors by learning the most current marketing and food trends.
• Plug the “holes” in your business that are draining your profits- and sapping your passion for the culinary arts.
• Build camaraderie and gain ideas and support from a network of fellow chefs and culinary business owners who actually get what it’s like – and who share your commitment to scaling their businesses. Take a deep dive into your business model, products and/or services, and pricing to identify new ways to grow your revenue and increase profits.
• Gain proven strategies for effectively handling the employee issues that seem to plague our industry, so you can build a powerful, reliable, motivated team that’s working together toward your business goals.
• Walk out the door with strategies, ideas and plans that you can implement as soon as you get back to your business to attract the right customers, increase profits, and lead your team.
• Enjoy the amazing food scene that Fort Worth has to offer, along with lots of fun foodie surprises to fuel your brain!
Must have an active WCR membership. Must have owned a culinary business for at least one year, has annual gross sales of at least $50,000, already have a client base and a website. This workshop is designed for all food entrepreneurs including those who own a restaurant, personal chef business, catering company, artisan food retailer, etc. This is not for someone just starting out and has no idea how to get their first customer.
Scholarship recipient will be asked to fill out a formal application giving the host more information about their business. As long as they meet the qualifications to receive the scholarship, they will be accepted into this exclusive workshop!
DEADLINE: October 12, Midnight PST
ABOUT CHEF DEB
Chef Deb is a serial food entrepreneur, culinary business coach, #1 Amazon Bestselling Author, speaker and mom of two.
She has been in the culinary industry for 17 years and has owned five successful culinary businesses – including a restaurant, catering company and three personal chef companies.